Monday, March 17, 2008

Should I stay or should I go?

I spend a lot of time in my car, either driving back and forth from a grandmother's house who has been more than accommodating and willing to watch realpolitik baby for a day or two, or just with basic errands. Since I purchased my car almost 18 months ago, I have logged a lot of miles as well as hours listening to one of my new vices, satellite radio.

When I am not listening to the pop, rock, or all Micheal Jackson all the time stations, I listen to NPR. It wasn't until recently that I have logged more NPR listening hours than before. Some of it is because I no longer have the time to read the paper (excluding Sunday's crossword puzzle), and also because I am looking to get "the rest of the story" which either I cannot find or don't have the time to seek out. That being said, I have found myself in a new dilemma. What to do when you've made it to your destination, but the interesting story you are listening to has yet to end; do you stay in the car, or do you just turn the car off and go about your day?

Any suggestions?

0 comments: