Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Day Alone


With President's day on Monday, what do you do on a day off? For me, Realpolitik husband is out of town and bambino politik went to grandma's overnight. So, for the first time in a very long time I had the house to myself. Free, free, free.

So, the whole day to myself. What to do? I could be productive, do some laundry, clean the house, run some errands without the baby. Make an appointment for a massage or manicure pedicure. No. I chose to do nothing. Absolutely nothing. I ventured out of my house to retrieve my newspaper from my front door, and then proceeded to sit on my couch and ride the wave of TV viewing. From Meet the Press, to Wild n' out to Dexter, I ran the gambit of television shows, good and bad. And I loved every minute of it. Seriously. I never get this opportunity and I took full advantage.

In retrospect maybe a little waste of time and maybe not exactly what was thought about when President's Day was established. But who cares! Now shhhh, it's time for a little 8-10 hour Savasana.






0 comments: