Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Celeb Rant

The argument of celebrities and celebrity gossip is a two headed monster. I am not even going to address the why do we care and if we don't buy the magazines that then there wouldn't be a market for this stuff. Honestly, a celebrity magazine, particularly People, is my guilty pleasure.

The rant is on the price tag for the first pictures of celebrity babies. I guess not yet celebrities yet, but then again aren't you a product of your parents. Anyway, I digress. So here are all these celebrities lately having children and selling their baby's pictures to magazines. Christina just did it, it is rumored that JLo and Mark are in talks, and then there is the Cruise baby that made serious news by finally being photographed for public consumption. While I am a member of Team Aniston (us Greek girls need to stick together), I think the Jolie Pitt team did it right by donating the money that was given to them for the first pictures of Shilo to charity. I am sure that there are other celebrities that have done the same, but have maybe not made it public.

Come on now, these celebrities have gobs of money, why are they not doing something better with the funds that they do get from selling their first born (baby pictures) to the media. How come we haven't heard of Nicole Richie, or anyone else for that matter of donating money from their celeb baby photo shoots to an organization that helps single moms or for that matter a handful of single moms that were possibly in the hospital at the same time when they delivered. I know I haven't totally thought this out, but seriously, there are children and parents that are more deserving of a large sum of money.

0 comments: