Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bitter State?

The political talk circuit has been a buzz with Former Secretary of State/Joint Chiefs of Staff General Colin Powell's endorsement of Senator Obama. When I first heard about the announcement I don't think I was as surprised as many others are about the endorsement. What else would a man who was thrown under the bus by the Bush Administration and then hung out to dry do?!

Ok, so he isn't making it personal and I am glad that General Powell kept to the issues. I am happy he raised the same concern as many of us have about the Sarah Palin; she isn't ready or qualified to be Vice President or for that matter President. For a man who has been so well respected in the Republican Party to come out and say what he says is huge, don't get me wrong, and I am glad that someone from "the other side" has come out and said it.

The pundits are right, this is a big nail in the coffin for the McCain campaign. A well respected conservative veteran, and former Secretary of State comes out and endorses the guy that people criticize for not having any foreign policy experience and crazy ideas on diplomacy. The General got it right. Very right.

Oh yeah, one more thing. The McCain camp's reaction? Well, that is great but we are still endorsed by over 300 retired generals and admirals + many other former Secretary of States. Alexander Haig is on that list! A man who didn't know the order of secession when President Regan was shot!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I agree with what you say, how can you care what a man who lost my respect... stood before the UN and told a whole bunch of bunk regaridng WMD and IRAQ, knowing it was bunk? I mean, it doesn't mean I dont agree with what he said, and I will still be an ObamaMama, I just dont know why I care what HE thinks....