Monday, June 23, 2008

Travel anxiety

Tomorrow, realpolitik son and I leave for a 7 week vacation. (maybe I'll rename my blog realvacation mama for a few weeks) So the past 10 days I've begun to organizing myself to pack. My bedroom has become a large staging area for all of the things I need to take along. Surprisingly being gone for 7 weeks, I don't need to pack a lot in terms of clothes, but there are other things that I need to take a long and that is what is taking up a lot of room in my suitcase. So we are on the last 24 hours of being in the windy city and feel like I am not ready. I've made this trip numerous times in my life, so I know exactly where I am going and what I will find there, so I am not sure why I am having so much anxiety of this trip, specifically.

Hopefully this will all pass, because after 2pm tomorrow afternoon, there won't be much I can do about the situation.

BTW, for those who are wondering - all 2 of you that read this blog. I am planning on bringing the laptop. Internet access will be limited where I am, but I do hope to hop on the speedy Internet a few times to blog, and give you updates on what I have an opinion on. One thing though.....someone is going to have to keep my in the loop with some of the political stuff because just like the Internet my access to US papers, magazines, etc will be limited. Ahhh of all times to go out of the country and miss all the excitement. So email me and let me know!

0 comments: