Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Didn't we learn our lesson the first time?

The subject brings two subjects to light. The first political and the second mom-ical.

1. In the past and specifically over the weekend, the Clinton campaign continues to bring up the fact that she has won the "popular vote", meaning that more people have voted for her than for Obama over the primary season, but he has more the the delegates. So, again I ask. Didn't we, the democratic party, learn our lesson 8 years ago? This is the same argument that the Gore campaign used in 2000, but it didn't change the outcome of the election. Why would it change the outcome of this primary?

2. The past couple of days I have caught realpolitik baby hanging off the side of his crib ready to take the plunge to freedom and the beyond. Today it happened. I was brushing my teeth and all of a sudden I heard a thump, and then cries. I rush to find my son on the floor, no bones broken but just a little freaked out. After a few minutes of consoling and explaining that hanging off the highest point of the crib wasn't such a good idea, he went back into the crib with a book and a little Micheal Jackson music for 5 more minutes. Well, as the title of this blog goes......didn't we learn our lesson the first time? Yet again on the floor, but this time a little less shocked. I knew this day would come.

0 comments: