Thursday, May 29, 2008

And now, the end is near......

First off let me just say, you would think that with a 4 day vacation from husband and baby I would be all over my blog. I chose to spend my time on the phone to husband making sure baby hadn't broken a limb, and was eating and sleeping ok, also cleaning the house, and yes having a little "me" time which included hanging out with one of the best-est of best people, having some dinner, going for massages, mani pedi's., etc All something that I hadn't done in a long time and I was glad to have a partner in crime to share some "me" time with.

But now both baby and husband are back and it's back to "normal" around the realpolitik house for at least another month before I and baby leave for a 7 week vacation. Can you really call it a vacation if you are just moving location but still have all the responsibilities of being a mother and taking care of a house?

This is not the true reason for this blog. News has broken that it looks like only half the delegates from Michigan and Florida will be seated at the Democratic Convention come August, but that the Clinton campaign may be able to contest this decision the first day of the Convention. Now this isn't a done deal yet, Rules and By-laws Committee doesn't meet until Saturday, but this is a likely scenario. I had this discussion with some other women/moms earlier last week, but nothing was really resolved or discussed about what will happen or their feelings about Hillary. I of course, was the first to say, Ms. Clinton needs to hit the bricks and everyone needs to find a way to unite the Democratic party to see the Dems win come November. I think that maybe a better question to ask is how do the Michigan and Florida delegations feel about not being seated at the Convention. Each state's Democratic Committee, knew what the consequences were for pushing up their primaries, so why the complaining. I know I've said this before.

Lastly, Former White House press secretary Scott McClellan's book. I am taking a small poll. Interested in reading it? Don't care? What's that all about?!

0 comments: