Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obamacoma

Yesterday was historic in many ways and thanks to a very good friend I was able to be a part of the celebration by attending the rally at Grant Park or Obamapalooza. What a night! While I stood in Grant Park with over 70,000 of my bestest friends (and Oprah) I got to experience an election party for the 44th President of the United States. photos to be posted soon

Initially, I didn't know how I would react either good or bad, but when CNN announced Senator Obama as the projected winner, when everyone just let out a big cheer, I was astounded, excited and just happy it was all over. My thoughts first went to the daunting challenge ahead for him and the country as we begin to rebuild as well as heal the very distinct division in this country over ideology. There are so many things that need to be "fixed" right now that while I have some uneasiness, but things are bound to get better. This was before Obama actual speech. After Senator Obama came out and spoke to us and the world, my uneasiness faded. It is still there a bit, but my hope for a brighter future on both national and foreign policy issues is stronger than ever.

Now the work begins. In my eyes the right candidate won and will lead us all in the right direction, but I don't wear rose colored glasses. The 4 years and 76 days until the next inauguration day will be a tough and I hope that the issues raised in the campaigns will continue to be scrutinized to keep us challenged and on the path for a better tomorrow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous you got to go. I just cried tears of joy and relief in my living room. Courtney