Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Come on people, it's the Mouse!

I love magazines. I just do. Realpolitik husband mocks my reading and subscription of magazines, but I just like them. The two that I probably couldn't live without are Vanity Fair and People magazine. Ok, huge spectrum on the scale of magazine reading but I've got People to keep me in the loop with the latest celebrity gossip and Vanity Fair for the extra long articles on everything and anything. So, this week when many of my new SAHM friends are wondering who Miley Ray Cyrus is, and what is the big deal over these Vanity Fair pictures, I've got the inside track.

Here is my take on this whole situation. From everything that I've read and seen, it appears to me that The Mouse, aka Disney, was very unhappy with what photos Vanity Fair chose to place in their magazine and turned the screws on Miley to put out this statement after initially she had stated that the photos were natural and very artsy. Why all of a sudden the change of heart Miley? Seems like the Mouse is very unhappy with your photos, which don't conform to the squeaky clean image that you and the rest of the Disney employees are supposed to exude both personally and professionally - except for Jamie Lynn Spears.

So first there is the controversy over these pictures and what exactly Miley thinks about the pictures. Then there now is the controversy over what parents of Miley fans think of these pictures. First off, these people need to get a grip! Vanity Fair is an adult magazine! AN ADULT magazine, not Playboy, Hustler adult, but a over-18-years-old-to-understand-it magazine. What pre-teen girl will be going out and purchasing Vanity Fair? If you don't like the pictures and what you think your child assume from those pictures then don't buy the magazine or if you have a subscription keep it out of the hands of your daughter. If you are so concerned, then have a conversation with your kid, BE A PARENT! We all know what kind of pictures Annie Leibovitz takes, remember a naked, pregnant Demi Moore and the controversy over those photos. I think there are 15 year old models that have taken similar pictures but haven't gotten as much flack. I am chalking this all up to the Mouse.

0 comments: