Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let's Talk

Dear fellow holiday card senders

We need to talk. Some of you may know of my "holiday card" book. It's the book I keep that has everyone's name and addresses along with if I have sent you a card and if I have received a card from you. I enjoy holiday cards I receive but lately I have become very disappointed in what I have found in my mailbox. These are the labeled cards.

Labeled cards, where you label the recipient's name, your address is labeled and then the card is pre-printed with your holiday message inside. I understand that it is the thought that counts, but really is there any thought process to these cards, other than to wonder if you should sent a card to your perspective recipient. I don't ask for much, but how about a little hand written "Happy Holidays" + your signatures. At least I know then that you genuinely care or took the time to think about about me or my family during the holiday season.

I understand that people are busy and also understand that there might not be a lot of time to actually send out cards. I just hope that holiday card sharing hasn't become something of a necessity but rather something you want to do to share a your hope for a safe and peaceful holiday season with those you care about.

0 comments: